Location: Westlake Village, CA
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Plan, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
Join the Merchant Centric team, a well-funded, emerging company based in Westlake Village, CA, as a Statistical Analyst. Our culture is team oriented, fast paced and entrepreneurial. Partner with experienced and dedicated professionals that are creating cutting-edge products dedicated to helping companies drive revenue and customer engagement by organizing the vast amount of disparate, online consumer feedback data into actionable intelligence for informed business decisions. Digital marketing has a huge impact for national brands and is a critical part of today’s marketing mix. The problem is many companies are overwhelmed with data and do not know what specific actions to take to increase revenues. Merchant Centric solutions pinpoint and prioritize the most important actions for companies to focus on to increase revenue and then provide tools for management to implement and monitor those actions. Merchant Centric focuses on: Improving clients’ online presence across top sites like Google, Yelp and Facebook; promoting a positive online reputation and offering detailed competitive intelligence to help brands capture market-share by knowing exactly how they stack up on a national, regional and even local basis.
Now is the time to become part of the Merchant Centric team. Serving over 50,000 subscribers across 250 brands with new and emerging technology, products and solutions, this is your opportunity to be rewarded for your contributions.
This is a multi-billion-dollar industry and Merchant Centric is well positioned to gain significant market share based on its technology, market strategy and traction within multiple industries, such as hospitality, automotive, medical, fitness and more. Our executives, board members and founding team include seasoned veterans who have successfully led previous companies to other significant liquidity events.
Merchant Centric is seeking a statistical analyst for our Data Analytics team. We are looking for someone who can help turn large, complex data sets into meaningful insights and visualizations and help communicate those finding to senior-level executive professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The statistical analyst will work with time-series and cross-sectional data for individual brands and industry segments. The statistical analyst will be expected to have experience with similar data sets and learn the nuances associated with our proprietary data resulting from the collection method and sources. The statistical analyst will work with internal database engineers for data requests and organize and combine disparate and raw datasets. Post data organization, the Statistical Analyst will analyze and interpret data using excel and statistical analysis methods. Additionally, the Statistical Analyst will work with client-facing Brand Managers and Fulfillment team members to create reports and enhance existing reports. Checking data accuracy is an essential part of this task and learning how to extend algorithms for theme-based analysis of unstructured content. The statistical analyst will help develop presentations and present data findings to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and apply the most appropriate mathematical and statistical techniques to interpret data into meaningful insights and conclusions.
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills to explain findings to decision-makers who are not experts in statistical analyses. This is critically important.
- Experience working with large data sets using SQL and Excel.
- Must have advanced experience in Microsoft Office, most importantly, Excel.
- Possess advanced mathematics skills, such as linear algebra and probability.
- Willingness to take on all departmental responsibilities.
- Discover and produce the best data visualizations for various technologies and different audiences.
- Responsible for organizing and creating catalogs for large streams of data collected on-site.
- Responsible for data analysis and interpretation using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and implement data collection methods as well as other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Perform identification, analysis, and interpretation of trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Assist management in prioritizing business and information needs by working closely with them.
- Tech-savvy, particularly with data mining and cleaning.
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI.
- Working knowledge of ANOVA, ANCOVA, and MANCOVA.
- Knowledge of hypothesis testing.
- Familiarity with natural language processing and sentiment analysis.
- Working knowledge of regex is helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, econometrics, or finance.
Please email resume to Andrew Hossom email@example.com.