Sales Development Representative
Location: Westlake Village, CA or Remote
Compensation: Competitive Salary plus Commission
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Plan, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
Join the Merchant Centric team, a well-funded, emerging company based in Westlake Village, CA, as a Sales Development Representative. Our culture is team oriented, fast paced and entrepreneurial. Partner with experienced and dedicated professionals that are creating cutting-edge products dedicated to helping companies drive revenue and customer engagement by organizing the vast amount of disparate, online consumer feedback data into actionable intelligence for informed business decisions. Digital marketing has a huge impact for national brands and is a critical part of today’s marketing mix. The problem is many companies are overwhelmed with data and do not know what specific actions to take to increase revenues. Merchant Centric solutions pinpoint and prioritize the most important actions for companies to focus on to increase revenue and then provide tools for management to implement and monitor those actions. Merchant Centric focuses on: Improving clients’ online presence across top sites like Google, Yelp and Facebook; promoting a positive online reputation and offering detailed competitive intelligence to help brands capture market-share by knowing exactly how they stack up on a national, regional and even local basis.
Now is the time to become part of the Merchant Centric team. Serving over 50,000 subscribers across 250 brands with new and emerging technology, products and solutions, this is your opportunity to be rewarded for your contributions.
This is a multi-billion-dollar industry and Merchant Centric is well positioned to gain significant market share based on its technology, market strategy and traction within multiple industries, such as hospitality, automotive, medical, fitness and more. Our executives, board members and founding team include seasoned veterans who have successfully led previous companies to other significant liquidity events.
THE PROBLEMS WE SOLVE
Marketers and operators are overwhelmed with data and do not know what specific actions to take to increase revenues. Merchant Centric solutions pinpoint and prioritize the most important actions for companies to focus on to increase revenue and then provide tools for management to implement and monitor those actions. Our clients: improve their online presence across top sites like Google, Yelp and Facebook; promote a positive online reputation, and receive detailed competitive intelligence to capture market-share by knowing exactly how they stack up on a national, regional and even local basis.
We are looking for a high-energy, self-starter for the role of Sales Development Representative to be the engine that powers lead generation for new client acquisition. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of inside sales experience and is looking for a role that will positively impact the trajectory of a career in software sales. The SDR will be trained, coached, and supported by an experienced SDR Manager, and will focus on career development. We have refocused or strategy, are in an early growth stage and we plan to promote from within as the team grows.
The most successful SDRs are hard-working, resilient, and unafraid of rejection. As with most things in life, the more you put in, the more you’ll get out.
Responsibilities – Own it, Build it, Grow it
- Get up to speed quickly on the problems we solve and why it’s important
- Understand how we help executives, marketing, operations and digital groups improve their business
- Become an expert on Merchant Centric’s reputation management platform and deep analytics solutions
- Understand the segments and targets we best serve, and use-cases for each.
- Be a primary source of the Merchant Centric lead generation function.
- Outreach to cold leads with sales enablement tools.
- Engage, understand and take action with C-suite, marketing, operations and franchisee owners.
- Identify pain-points and educate prospects on Merchant Centric’s offering.
- Using ICUE qualification method, qualify leads and successfully hand them off to Sales Director.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in sales development or similar fields, but we will consider all eager and energetic candidates.
- Cold calling is a must; past phone experience is strongly preferred.
- No fear of rejection; you will be told ‘no’ a lot more than ‘yes’.
- Fast learner; we’ve invested in some of the best tools and getting up to speed quickly is critical for success.
- Comfortable in an agile, fast-paced, start-up culture that expects great things every day.
- Professional and proactive, self-starting work ethic with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM is preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
Why You Want to be a Part of the Merchant Centric Team:
- Our clients love us – our retention rate is over 98%
- Our clients regularly ask us, “What else can you do for us?”
- We’re responsive! We listen to our clients and truly partner to help them reach their goals.
- You will have a direct impact on the success of the organization.
- We’re passionate about meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- Our team is committed to helping each other succeed.
You’re the Right Team Member for this Position if:
- You get great satisfaction in knowing the team is depending on you to win.
- You flourish in a fast-paced, SaaS, entrepreneurial environment.
- You can keep a work / life balance so that you come in ready to take over the world every day.
- Competitive salary
- Generous company contribution for medical, dental and vision
- Employee stock options and 401K
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick days
- Career-pathing opportunities
- Snacks & scheduled company lunches
- Doggie Day is a fun day on Fridays (may be a bit challenging for remote workers…)
- Great team spirit!
Please email resume to Adam Wakefield firstname.lastname@example.org.