Reputation and Social Engagement Coordinator
Location: Westlake Village, CA or Remote
Compensation: $16-$20 based on experience with growth opportunities to earn more.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Plan, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
Join the Merchant Centric team, a well-funded, emerging company based in Westlake Village, CA, as a Reputation and Social Engagement Coordinator. Our culture is team oriented, fast paced and entrepreneurial. Partner with experienced and dedicated professionals that are creating cutting-edge products dedicated to helping companies drive revenue and customer engagement by organizing the vast amount of disparate, online consumer feedback data into actionable intelligence for informed business decisions. Digital marketing has a huge impact for national brands and is a critical part of today’s marketing mix. The problem is many companies are overwhelmed with data and do not know what specific actions to take to increase revenues. Merchant Centric solutions pinpoint and prioritize the most important actions for companies to focus on to increase revenue and then provide tools for management to implement and monitor those actions. Merchant Centric focuses on: Improving clients’ online presence across top sites like Google, Yelp and Facebook; promoting a positive online reputation and offering detailed competitive intelligence to help brands capture market-share by knowing exactly how they stack up on a national, regional and even local basis.
Now is the time to become part of the Merchant Centric team. Serving over 50,000 subscribers across 250 brands with new and emerging technology, products and solutions, this is your opportunity to be rewarded for your contributions.
This is a multi-billion-dollar industry and Merchant Centric is well positioned to gain significant market share based on its technology, market strategy and traction within multiple industries, such as hospitality, automotive, medical, fitness and more. Our executives, board members and founding team include seasoned veterans who have successfully led previous companies to other significant liquidity events.
Merchant Centric is seeking an Reputation and Social Engagement Coordinator to monitor reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook, TripAdvisor, and like social sites, and Flag for removal content that violates site content guidelines. The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with a strong aptitude for writing, public communication, research, editing and marketing who’s interested in working a full-time schedule remotely during Covid-19, and potentially in an office environment eventually. Customer service experience is also a huge plus. The selected candidate must become familiar with each review site’s content guidelines.
- Monitor/read posted consumer reviews across sites such as Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc. for Merchant Centric’s national corporate and franchisee client locations.
- Identify what reviews qualify as violating site guidelines.
- Flag for removal from sites content that violates site content guidelines.
- Document all actions taken and ultimate resolution.
- Create client reporting to illustrate actions taken, success rate, and impact to the client’s overall online reputation rating.
- At least one year of experience in a professional office setting (internships count).
- A familiarity with Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- The ability to write persuasively. Ideal candidates will pay extreme attention to every single detail of what they read/write.
- The ability to adhere to strict deadlines and prioritize multiple duties that are assigned simultaneously. Self-sufficiency is key in this role.
- The ability to memorize and differentiate between site guidelines surrounding the management of online reviews.
- Ability to work remotely with workspace to use two monitors.
- Associate or bachelor degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communication Studies, Public Relations. We will also consider other business majors as long as a strong writing aptitude can be proven.
- Some experience in customer service.
- A demonstrated ability in project managing.
- A familiarity with online review sites and their content guidelines.
- Someone who has an interest/history in writing persuasive content (i.e. someone who is good at winning arguments based on logic). A flair for persuasion is key.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume as an example of your writing style to Kristen Schulte email@example.com.